Acne scars on the face can be an embarrassing problem for many people.
When acne is not dealt with, it can lead to scars that are permanent and difficult to get rid of.
It’s important to find out what causes acne so that you can easily get treatment for acne scars and know how to avoid it in the future!
The main causes of acne scarring on the face will be discussed in this article, so be sure to continue reading!
What Causes Acne Scars?
Acne scars can be embarrassing. They’re dark and pretty noticeable, especially when you’ve got them plastered right around your face.
You might think that your problem is gone because your acne has healed, but you’re left with a scar, permanently damaging your skin and making it more difficult for you to get that flawless skin you always dreamed of.
When people get acne, it can lead to thickening of the top layer of their skin as well as inflammation. Acne also causes pus that’s filled with bacteria.
Pus may cause the infection to spread, and it also can leave scars if left untreated for a long time. Scars form as this happens because of the trauma your skin has experienced.
Another reason why scars caused by acne happens is because of improper skincare routine. The days after your acne has healed are crucial since this will determine how your skin will react.
If you apply harsh chemicals to your face as your skin is still healing, this will cause your skin to react and makes scarring more likely.
Processed foods can also make acne worse, which will then lead to scarring since your acne will take longer to heal, risking you more to scars. Thus, it’s important that you eat healthy in order for your skin to heal properly.
This includes cutting out sugars from products such as dairy and bread because these contain ingredients that may trigger acne even more.
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars
There are some things that can help lessen the appearance of acne scars. However, the most prominent and quickest way to get rid of those impurities is by going for acne scar treatments. Below, we will discuss how to get rid of your scars using the natural ways and the modern ways.
Natural Acne Scar Treatment
- Get on a healthy, organic diet that is low in sugar and oil to avoid any more breakouts that can cause acne scarring; drink lots of water to flush out toxins from your system too.
- Consume garlic for its antibacterial properties, which will help remove ugly scars left by acne.
- Apply some raw honey on your scars for its antibacterial and healing properties to lessen the trauma of acne and avoid scars.
- Cut up some lemon and rub it on your acne scar to lighten it up. Lemon contains bleaching properties which can really help.
Modern Acne Scar Treatment
- Chemical peels are one of the best and effective ways to get rid of acne scars. Chemical peels work by causing the dead cells to slough off and reveal new, healthy skin.
- Injections are a method of treating acne scarring that uses hyaluronic acid or corticosteroids containing materials that will fill in depressed areas on your face caused by acne and stimulate collagen production for more plump and great-looking skin.
- Laser treatments are another way to lighten acne scars by burning away pigment. The treatments work best on shallow scars, such as individual pits from acne.
- Microdermabrasion is a process where scars are removed by using gentle, tiny crystals and vacuum suction on your face which removes layers of the skin permanently in order to get rid of deep scarring caused by acne.
The Final Sayings
We hope you found this post on the top causes of acne scars helpful and are able to apply some of these tips in your own life.
Acne scarring is a common issue, but it’s not something that needs to be permanent or disfiguring if we take steps now to help prevent them from forming.
If you have any questions about what caused your acne and how to get rid of them for good, call us today!