The question of whether extraction facials in Singapore are good or bad for the skin has been debated since it first became popular.
Some say that because you are pulling out oil and dirt from your pores, this is a good thing.
Others say that because you are removing sebum and bacteria from your pores, this can be damaging to the skin.
This article explores both sides of the debate to help answer the question once and for all!
##Facial Extraction: What Exactly Is It?
Have you recently heard the word “Facial extraction” from your friends? Are you curious to know about the procedure?
Well, for starters, facial extraction is a method where your skin is cleansed of dirt and oil.
It’s done by a professional with the use of steam, cream, or lotion while your face is still wet.
The process removes blackheads, whiteheads as well as sebum from oily skin in order to give you softer smoother looking pores that are less prone to acne breakouts.
Furthermore, these skin experts use make use of specialized tools such as an extractor or a vacuum to get the job done.
The benefits of getting facial extraction done include not only cleaning your skin but also removing dead cells on top of your outer layer which can clog pores and cause acne breakouts in people with an oily complexion.
The Risks of Facial Extractions
It has been quite common for people to think that facial extractions are dangerous and sometimes, it is.
However, if your facial extraction is done by a professional then these risks are fully eliminated.
Facial extractions are only bad when they are conducted by someone who doesn’t have the experience because the risks of it can be fatal.
One instance where facial extractions are bad is when they are conducted without anesthesia.
Another one would be not knowing how deep to go when extracting since this can lead to scars and infection.
Facial extractions can also be bad if they are not sanitized properly because this can lead to infection and inflammation of the skin.
Overall, facial extractions are good when done right by a professional that is experienced with it and has gone through training on how to do them safely.
The Benefits of Facial Extractions
As mentioned above, facial extractions are pretty awesome if conducted by an expert.
If you’re thinking of going for the procedure, it’s best that you seek the service of a professional skin clinic since they can cater to your needs better.
And, really, what’s more, important than taking care of your skin?
There are many benefits facial extractions can give to your skin and we have listed them below:
- Facial extractions can tighten your skin: As we age, our skin’s natural elasticity starts to decrease. Facial extractions can give your skin a little boost of collagen and elastin which will help improve the texture and tone of your skin.
- Facial extractions can also reduce acne breakouts: Extracting blackheads from clogged pores on the face could potentially lower the risk of acne breakouts. It also reduces oily skin so you’ll be less prone to acne.
- Facial extractions can also improve the appearance of dark spots: Extracting blackheads and whiteheads from your face will leave you with a smoother, more even complexion as well as reduce any existing freckles or age marks.
- Facial extractions boost your confidence: Because all of your impurities are removed, you can feel more confident about your skin.
- Facial extractions can also help reduce the signs of aging: Extracting blackheads and whiteheads from clogged pores will leave you with a firmer, tighter feeling around the jawline; fewer wrinkles on nasolabial folds (the deep crease that forms between nose and mouth)
When to Get Facial Extractions
The frequency of facial extraction depends from person to person but it is a rule of thumb to only go for facial extractions when it is required.
If you have a large infestation of blackheads and whiteheads, it is best to get facial extractions at the start in order to make sure all impurities are removed from your face.
If there are only a few impurities on your skin then extraction may not be needed for some time- as long as the impurities do not affect your lifestyle or strain your confidence.
To get the exact answer of when to go for facial extractions, it’s best to consult a dermatologist who can tell you about your skin’s condition and needs.
If you’re considering facial extractions, be sure to make an appointment with a professional since good results will be accomplished with the help of an expert.
Professional facialists use gentle techniques that are tailored for each client’s skin type and age, which is why they work better than DIY methods.
For more information about how facials can help your skin look its best, visit our blog!