So you’re getting a facial extraction and don’t know what to expect? You’re not alone. A facial extraction in Singapore is one of the most popular procedures that is loved by many people of all ages and skin types, but it can be confusing for those who have never tried it before. Below are some tips on how to prepare for your upcoming facial extraction, so everything goes smoothly, and you’ll get that radiant glowing skin you’ve been dreaming of!
Do Research About Facial Extraction
The first thing you must do when preparing for a facial extraction is to do your research.
It is important to understand what you’re getting yourself into and how it will affect you in the long run so that you can make an informed decision.
You surely wouldn’t want to end up being in the doctor’s clinic and suddenly realizing that this isn’t something you want.
Facial extraction is the process of using a special tool to remove excess, dead skin cells that are clogging your pores.
It is normally done using suction and can often be performed alone or with the assistance of a facial specialist.
When you’re researching facial extractions, you must obtain information that can help you arrive at a detailed decision.
For example, it’s important to know what kind of extractions are available and which one might be best for your skin type.
It’s also worth noting that certain techniques may work better than others depending on how the procedure has been conducted.
Be Sure to Speak to a Facial Specialist
Before you go for a facial extraction, it is advisable that you make an appointment with a skin expert and asking them any questions you might have before scheduling your procedure.
By talking with a facial specialist, you’ll also be able to know what skin type you have, so you can make an even better decision about what kind of extraction is best for you.
You should also ask the skin expert if they have any experience with facial extractions and if they’re board-certified in their specialty of choice.
The more experienced a professional is, the better idea you’ll get as to whether or not this treatment will be right for your skin.
Aftercare Tips after a Facial Extraction
Aftercare after a facial extraction is among the most important part of the healing process. If you fail to take good care of your skin after the treatment, you might end up with scars or a wounded complexion.
Listing down aftercare tips will help you remember the things you must do to ensure that you don’t mess up during the time of healing. Some helpful aftercare tips are:
- Do not pick at your skin.
- Don’t touch the area around the extraction site, as this might irritate it or cause scarring.
- Use a gentle cleanser to cleanse your skin and avoid harsh chemicals that may dry out your complexion.
- Don’t wear heavy makeup since this might trigger excess oil production and irritation.
- Put aloe vera cooling gel or any hydrating formula on your face to help it heal quickly.
Drink Plenty of Water to Help Your Skin
Before the day of the facial extraction, you need to drink a lot of water to help hydrate your skin. Preparing for a facial extraction is not rocket science.
The most important thing you can do in preparation for one is drinking plenty of water, as this will help prevent dryness or any other complication that might arise from the procedure.
Of course, it’s also necessary to eat nutritious food such as fruits containing acids and vitamins, vegetables containing minerals, and water content.
Avoid eating fatty foods that might clog your pores or trigger excess oil production on the skin surface.
Take Note of What You Shouldn’t Do After a Facial Extraction Treatment
After your facial extraction treatment, there are certain things that you can’t do as your skin is healing, so you should take note of this before the procedure begins. Some of these things usually include :
- Don’t go to the gym since exercising after a facial extraction can potentially cause more bleeding and damage to your skin.
- Don’t drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes as this can cause irritation on the skin, which will lead to scabs that might take longer than usual before they heal.
- Don’t use toner or facial products that may contain alcohol or harsh chemicals because these products will only irritate the skin and cause it to dry out.
- Don’t rub your face as this may lead to more inflammation in the area where you had a facial extraction done. Doing so can also push scabs deeper into your pores which might take longer before they heal depending on how deep it penetrates.
The extraction is just the beginning. You need to know what kind of recovery you’re in for, and how long it will take before your skin shows improvements.